If a “Trident No More” Demo is not yet listed in your town or city why not organise one? It only takes a few people with placards or a banner to create an event.
- identify a location and let us know where that is. Contact us using the webform here.
- Chase up some local people and ask them to come to the demo. Contact friends or people through your networks, faith communities, trade unions …
- Post details of location and time on the Facebook event page.
- You can also create your own local Facebook event
- Print out or make some placards by hand and a banner if someone can bring one.
There are graphics available to download for posters placards, leaflets and social media are here.
If possible contact local media. To Download an editable Template Press Release click here. Don’t take the model too seriously – but contacting local press and broadcasters in advance makes a lot of sense. It also helps to fix any local connection to the issue, such as being on a convoy route, having a nuke base close by, what your MP is like on the issue, links to the Yes campaign etc.
Or you can just ring up your local paper or radio station to a let them know the demo is one of manyTridentNoMore demos taking place across Scotland prior to the vote scheduled for Monday on Trident Replacement.
- Talking points for talking to the media will be available here later this week.
- If you want help or advice contact us or via the Facebook event page here. Or via the webform here.
And please be sure to let us know about your plans.
For anyone who has ever opposed nuclear weapons this is a crucial moment to stand up and be counted as opposing Theresa May’s plan to base nuclear weapons in Scotland for 50 more years.